We asked the lovely Ani & Chris from The Tiger Nut Company for their favourite tiger nut recipe and they didn’t disappoint. Check out these amazing carrot cake bites. Paleo and AIP (with substitutions) they’re perfect for picnics, snacks, treats… we’re even tempted to try them for a quick on-the-go breakfast!
- 1 carrot
- 1-2 medjool dates
- 2-3 tablespoons coconut oil
- Handful cashews (substitute with soaked tiger nuts if AIP)
- Handful hazlenuts (substitute with soaked tiger nuts if AIP)
- 100g tiger nuts flour
- 1 tablespoon golden powder (Ani uses Dr.Gayes) (substitute with own spices such as cinnamon, turmeric and ginger if AIP).
- Place ingredients in a processor and pulse lightly so you keep some texture.
- When combined simply shape into small balls and pop into fridge or freezer.
- If you are following an AIP protocol simply leave out the nuts and use a large handful of soaked tiger nuts instead and use spices such as cinnamon, tumeric and ginger instead of golden powder).
- You can coat with raw chocolate or eat plain.
- You won’t believe how good these taste! Shop the Tiger Nut Company range here.