Paleo Black Forest Smoothie. Oh yes.
Anyone else love Black Forest Gateaux or just us? It was a childhood favourite and the combination of cherries and chocolate just takes us back… This is quick and easy, and great way to get some of that beneficial gut healing, skin boosting collagen that everyone keeps telling us we should be getting.
- 2 cups Grace coconut milk
- 1 scoop Absolutely Pure collagen
- ½ tbsp. cacao powder
- Handful of frozen organic (if possible) dark cherries
- Elements for life raw cacao nibs
- Put everything apart from the cacao nibs into the blender/Vitamix and blend on high.
- Pour into a tall glass and grind cacao nibs on top.
- For AIP use carob powder instead of cacao powder.
- Substitute cherries for other berries such as raspberries.
- No berries? Try adding your favourite nut butter and a touch of maple syrup instead of fruit.