• Serves: Makes 12 cookies
  • Prep time: 15 mins
  • Cooking time: 10 mins

These Paleo cookies started life as a use it all up before we move house kinda cookie. Not heard that story? Well… we were meant to stay put in out lovely home for two years but the landlord wants it back (why wouldn’t he – it’s amazing with views to die for).

gratitude for health in the Yorkshire Dales
The view from Paleo & Co Hq (aka our house!)

So anyway, we’re moving. Again. That will be 4 house moves in 5 years – twice across the Atlantic to New York and back. I feel tired just thinking about it.

Anyway, back to these amazing Paleo cookies. We had some pears that we’re about to go past their best, a bit of almond flour, half a jar of almond butter, a bit of tiger nut flour… so what could I make? Yes. Paleo cookies of course. Even better, Paleo cookies with pear and chocolate chips!

We love the choc chip cookies from the Eat Like a Dinosaur Book we talk about here. In fact they are our go-to treat. (When we’re invited to a kids’ party – so our kids don’t feel left out? Paleo cookies. When there’s a celebration at school, ditto. Basically anytime – mainly because they are easy and delicious.) Our version has more ingredients (but then again I was using everything up!), but don’t worry, as although it looks like a lot of faff, you basically add everything to a blender, stir and dollop onto lined trays, et voila! “Better-than-the-shop-cookies cookies” so says our 6 year old!

Mixing it up – our Pear and chocolate chip Paleo cookies mixture

With a bit of work these cookies can also work as muffins/cupcakes – we’re working on the recipe so keep watching this space. And there’s also variations/substitutions (as always), so if you don’t have coconut oil use coconut butter or palm shortening (or even butter if you or your kids are primal). Don’t fancy the vanilla and want to make these more of a grown up treat? Sub the vanilla for ginger. Maybe add some chopped hazelnuts for a ginger, pear and hazelnut cookie. So good.

Anyone for a pear and choc chip Paleo cookie? So good.

Ingredients

6 dates (chopped)

2tbsp almond butter

2 tbsp honey

1/3 cup coconut oil

1/3 cup cooked mashed pear (I used pears slightly past their best and stewed them as if apple, then mashed up!)

1 large egg

1 cup almond butter

1 cup tiger nut flour

pinch salt

1tsp bicarbonate of soda

1/2 tsp vanilla powder

Method

Put honey, dates, almond butter and coconut oil in a blender or Vitamix (or use a electric whisk) to cream together. Add egg and vanilla and beat/blend some more.

Add almond flour, tiger nut flour, salt and bicarbonate of soda to a separate bowl and give them a quick stir to combine.

Mix dry and wet ingredients together and add a handful of very dark, Paleo choc chips or these Pebbles Pantry Cacao drops.

Use a tablespoon to scoop balls of cookie mix onto a lined baking sheet (don’t flatten them – they will do it themselves!)

Bake at 350 degrees for about ten minutes (depending on your oven). For a crispier cookie bake lower for longer.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *