We asked V Capaldi, a.k.a the PaleoBOSS lady for her favourite recipe and she didn’t disappoint. Just like her this is larger than life, unforgettable and full of flavour!
- Ghee or coconut oil
- 2 bunches escarole (or any greens you have), cleaned and torn into bite size pieces
- 1/2lb each of ground beef, pork, and veal (if you don’t have all three, it is fine to use any combination or just one)
- Chicken broth home made or this one
- 7 cloves of minced garlic
- 2 large onions, finely chopped
- 4 eggs, beaten well
- 1 tsp fresh parsley
- 1 tsp fresh oregano
- Salt and pepper
- Take the meat out of the refrigerator one hour before preparation to bring it to room temperature.
- Add meat into a bowl with one teaspoon of parsley and oregano, finely chopped.
- Add one egg and half of the chopped onion.
- Now add two heads of the finely chopped garlic and salt and pepper to taste. Mix well. I recommend getting your hands in there and squeezing it all together.
- Roll the mixture into half-inch size meatballs.
- Fry the meatballs in oil or bake in the oven at 350 degrees for about fifteen minutes – whichever you prefer. Put the meatballs aside and begin the soup.
- In a large pot, add about three tablespoons of oil, as well as the remaining minced garlic and onion.
- Sauté onions and garlic over low flame, being careful not to burn the garlic.
- Once the garlic starts to turn a nice golden yellow, add the escarole to the pot.
- Now add the chicken broth to cover the escarole and increase the flame to high until the ingredients begin to boil.
- Lower the flame and add the meatballs and shredded chicken.
- Cover and simmer for about 45 minutes.
- Beat the eggs together and pour them into the soup, stirring constantly. Cook another few minutes and serve!