We can’t claim this recipe, it was given to us by one of the lovely AIP FB groups we’re in, but it’s too good not to share.
It’s so easy that it’s our go to breakfast when travelling – we just take a jar of tiger nut flour and a couple of tins of coconut milk with us. The rest of the ingredients you can usually buy anywhere.
Prep time: 2 mins
Cooking time: 5 mins
Total time: 7 totally worth it minutes for an AIP porridge.
What you need:
- Couple of tbsp. of tiger nut flour
- Half an apple (grated)
- Half a can of coconut milk (look for one with no added nasties such as guar gum)
- Coconut oil or butter (teaspoon)
- Flaked almonds (not suitable for AIP)
What to do:
- Put your tiger nut flour, grated apple and coconut milk in a saucepan over a medium heat
- Add coconut oil or butter if using (a little fat helps to balance out the carbs)
- Stir and keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn’t stick
- Add a sprinkle of cinnamon (if you are using)
- Cook to desired consistency
- Add on any optional extras.
Let us know what you think -leave a comment below.